Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Movie Review: Alvin and the Chipmunks

This one will be fairly short. And I'll start out by mentioning for future reference that "J" will refer to my daughter, and "B" to my son from here on out. I'll guess I'll make it a clean sweep and go with "D" for my wife. If I think of better things, I might change it.

Anyway, Alvin and the Chipmunks isn't the greatest movie in the world, but it never meant to be, so that's OK. I thought it was pretty clever, and very entertaining. I think I enjoyed it more because I was watching it with an 8-year-old and a 6-year-old, but I do think I would have enjoyed it in any event.

The chipmunks are done very well, and are, of course, the highlight of the movie. I thought that the personalities came out well. I thought that more time could have been spent on developing the relationship between Dave and the photographer (never really picked up on her name). The villain was pretty much just a caricature, and so not very noteworthy.

The most important thing I can say about Alvin and the Chipmunks is that it was very enjoyable for my kids, and since that was it's main goal, I'd say it was a success. As a bonus, it was enjoyable enough for the adults that we don't dread having to watch it again, or listening to the endless quotes from it.

1 comment:

Shellie said...

I haven't seen it yet, but it was entertaining enough for the twins at the sitters that one of them didn't break away in time to make it to the bathroom.